COVID-19 has caused a global economic slowdown due to climbing infection rates. Because of border closures and travel restrictions, many industries were hit hard (e.g., hospitality). Potential guests are increasingly feeling anxious and that affects their willingness to travel.
How has the Pandemic Affected the Vacation Rental Industry?
Both direct booking sites and major booking platforms have experienced a spike in cancelation requests. No one has the answers to the long-term effects of COVID-19, i.e., how long it will last and how long the slump afterward will be. All of these factors remain a big unknown.
BUT all is not lost.
If you are planning a getaway during this pandemic, properties such as cabins are being booked for extended periods of time – this brings some good news during this trying time. Domestic travelers from neighboring cities are finding quiet locations where they can hunker down and distance themselves from other people.
With the current state of our nation, it has become more important than ever to take care of one’s emotional well-being. The ability to step outside and take in some fresh air should not go wasted, provided individuals continue to avoid crowded areas and maintain their personal hygiene. Now the question is where can you go?
Introducing Our Social Distancing Getaway
There are certain places in the United States where you and your loved ones can still have a getaway. Individuals, however, must be responsible and adhere to proper social distancing measures at all times. One of these places is Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins; we remain fully operational during the COVID-19 period. Additionally, here’s what we are doing to keep all of our guests and staff members safe:
- Our company has implemented a contactless check-in process
Guests are welcome to access our office but a mask is required. If you are renting one of our cabins, simply self-check-in with your paperwork. The keys will be placed on the table inside your cabin prior to your arrival. Simply print out our Cabin Map in the “Cabins” tab of our website and use that to drive from the entrance, straight to your cabin. (refer to Cabin Map for directions).
- Take note of our temporary Bring Your Own arrangement
Guests typically borrow movies and games in our office. Additionally, they may purchase other cabin necessities here. Because the office will be locked, all guests should come prepared with their own entertainment-related materials for the time being. We seek your kind understanding during this time. You can, however, purchase firewood and starters from us. You will have the option to order goods sold in our office via text messages. This mode of communication is available daily until 4 PM; Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins will deliver them to you. Simply leave your money in an envelope on your dining table.
Important Tips for Guests
- Only come with people from your household. Avoid meeting up with distant relatives, boyfriends, girlfriends, or friends from other areas.
- Consider scheduling a grocery pickup or delivery order for items you are planning to leave at home. For example, if you aren’t bringing a cooler from your house, rent it from a store that’s near to Kishauwau Cabins.
- Opt for prebagged items as opposed to individual products that will be handled by hand. When you receive these items, wipe them down with disinfecting wipes – they can be found under your cabin’s kitchen sink.
- Try to keep a small bag of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes or Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes in your pocket or car. These wipes come in handy after you’ve touched something, e.g., the car handles, and are getting back in the car and need to hold the steering wheel.
- Make sure your car has enough gas for the entire trip.