Dog Friendly Cabins
Rented only to dog customers unless needed by families for a large reunion
Looking for a dog friendly cabin in Illinois near Starved Rock State Park?
You just found it! Kishauwau offers 4 dog-friendly cabins here on our property in Illinois.
Plus, Kishauwau’s Starved Rock Area Cabins is a dogs haven with plenty of room for taking him/her for walks.
Don’t forget to head out to the state parks with your dog as well. They welcome you dog on their miles of hiking trails as long as you have them on a leash. So check out Starved Rock State Park or Matthiessen State Park.
Zonta, Commanche and Winnebago cabins are our 3 dog friendly cabins with huge whirlpool tubs in the bathrooms. Mother-in-law cabin is the least expensive dog cabin as it has a standard tub/shower combination. All are very popular cabins so book as far in advance as possible, especially for summer months.
Please read through our dog policies listed below and be sure to let us know you are good with those before booking. We are firm with all of those policies. 2 dog per cabin maximum. Each dog adds an additional $15 plus tax per night to your reservation. It will ask how many pets when booking on-line so be sure to ad that as it is not included in the cabin pricing.
Due to the type of getaway we offer here we ask that the following policies be agreed before you book with your dog. You may note that you are fine with them in the notes field if booking on our website.
- Friendly dogs only here at Kishauwau Cabins. If you know that your dog is not good around other dogs or people this is not the place for them.
- Your dog must be leashed at all times while outside on our property.
- No Major Barkers… If your dog is prone to barking at other dogs, wildlife or people then this is definitely not the place for them. We offer a total peace and quiet getaway to our guests and we want everyone to get the getaway we are advertising.
- No dogs on our furniture or in the beds please as we need to keep these in good shape for future reservations.
- We ask that you clean up your dogs’ droppings on the property at all times.
- If you plan to leave your dog alone in one of our cabins at any time it must be crated. Crates not provided.
- Please do not bring your dog inside our office. This is for consideration of our other guests. I have also come in to messes in my office far too many times.
- Any dogs must be up on their shots and free of flees to stay here.
- No dogs to be bathed or showered in our cabins
- We are very specific with our dog cabins here. Not everyone is a canine person. For that reason we do not allow dogs to be in our outside of any of the non-dog cabins here. This is something to keep in mind when booking with groups or large family reunions. Your dogs will not be allowed to go to the non-dog cabins within that group.We do our best to be able to keep these specific cabins dog friendly as we have a lot of dog guests that enjoy them. These policies are in place to ensure we can continue to do so. Your help in this is greatly appreciated.