Escape to autumn bliss with an Illinois getaway near Chicago and see the fall colors on full display. Rest, relax, and take a break from the big city with rolling green hills and plenty of outdoor activities to help you make the most of your time here. Unplug and let life slow down for a while with a stay at cozy vacation cabins near Starved Rock.
Spot Stunning Fall Colors
One of the best parts of visiting the area during this time of year is the changing of the leaves. Brilliant golds and vibrant reds make for a stunning sight for first-time visitors and returning guests alike. Go for a hike in the nearby Starved Rock State Park and see the wonders of nature up close in a beautiful setting not far from our cabins! Take a drive and explore with plenty of places to stop and sightsee. No matter where you go, the shimmering leaves accent your journey and make any destination truly a sight to behold.
Revel in the Great Outdoors
Experience everything Starved Rock has to offer with a wide variety of outdoor activities available in the surrounding area.
- Book with Kayak Morris and go on a guided kayak tour exploring the many deepwater canyons of the park and see the stunning St. Peters Sandstone Bluffs. Allows access to areas out of reach to hikers and is a great way to get more out of your trip if you just can’t get enough of Starved Rock!
- Echo Bluff Park is the place to be for both casual and experienced outdoor enthusiasts with tons to see and do. Explore park trails, play some disc golf on a nine-hole course, or even engage in some more high-energy activities like paintball or zip-lining.
- Looking for something a bit more laid back? Take a guided horseback ride with Cedar Creek Ranch. In addition, they also have a petting zoo, fishing area, and other area tours available.
- Pick your own fresh apples and pumpkins at Boggio’s Orchard and Produce, along with other fun activities like a petting zoo, corn maze, go carts, and more! While you’re there, make sure you don’t miss their signature Apple Cider Donuts, a delicious fall treat.
- Take in the beauty of nature and get some fresh air and exercise at Matthiessen State Park and Starved Rock State Park.
- Visit Cedar Creek Trail to spend some time on the unique freight night trails.
Sip & Savor Flavors of the Fall
Part of what makes the area around Kishauwau Cabins fun to explore is our delicious dining, with options for every crowd and some local favorites we recommend for our guests.
- Tangled Roots Brewing Company serves local craft beers brewed from hops grown on their own farm with a commitment to excellence in everything they do. Their food is made with fresh ingredients sourced from local farmers for a distinctly Illinois venue with tons of local flavor.
- If a good wine is what you’re after, then August Hill Winery has you covered! An all-inclusive tasting and entertainment experience, you can enjoy live music and both indoor and outdoor tasting areas. Pick up some wine for yourself, and who knows, you might see some August Hill wine being served while eating at one of the other restaurants in the area!
- In need of a nice night out? Woody’s Steakhouse is perfect for a romantic evening with a refined atmosphere and some of the best steak and seafood the area has to offer. With an extensive wine list and diverse menu, it certainly lives up to Woody’s motto of “Food Worth Traveling For.”
Relax in Cozy Peacefulness
Rest and relax away from the hustle and bustle of daily life with a getaway at our romantic Illinois cabins near Starved Rock State Park. Cozy up with everything you need for an amazing time including amenities in many of our cabins like full kitchens, king and queen beds, and wood-burning stoves. Sip a glass of wine by the fire pit, soak in a whirlpool tub with room for two, or watch the sunset on the covered porch. Breathe in the fresh air and find your peace at Kishauwau Cabins, your home away from home, at least for a little while!